Thursday 4 April 2013

Town Council, RC & Stupidity


4 Apr Thurs


This morning started out poorly, having to talk to imbeciles right after I woke.  1 West Coast town council woman and 1 Indian man.

Town council woman introduced Indian man as "RC" (Residents' Committee) and "in-charge-of". His name, I didn't waste my memory space trying to remember.  Her own name, she didn't have the courtesy to introduce.

What I remember is his and her stupidity.  No wonder Singapore is in such a bad shape, with such people in management positions.

The Singapore Town Council don't even have automated reply. After e-mailing my feedback, I received no reply for a few days.

When I finally saw the town council woman who came within my vicinity this morning, she said she received it but "we are thinking how to reply". 

Don't you think there should be an e-mail reply first that says: "Thank you for your feedback. We will review it and reply in X working days" ? 

Even Giant supermarket has this. An automated reply is sent first and then as promised, a lady replies within the stated number of working days and handles the matter with speed, effectiveness and professionalism.

A supermarket can do that, but the Singapore Town Council can't ?

During our talk this morning,  my target was the town council woman, but the Indian man stuck himself in.

However, when I talked to him, he wasn't even listening.  His moustache and hair were unkempt. He wasn't paying attention.  He kept getting confused between Indonesians and Filipinos.  Likely, alcohol consumption does its job better than he does his.

When the town council woman finally replied to my e-mail later the same day, accompanied by the prominent number of "CC" addresses, she didn't even have the courtesy to address it to my name, even though she knows it.  Just a blank "Hi" at the start, without any accompanying comma or name.  None of the people I correspond with ever does that.

A very poor, unprofessional and insincere reply in which she merely repeated this morning's content, without a single reference to the person she is addressing to in the e-mail.  How rude. How uneducated. How sloppy.

Why bother replying when the matter had already been settled this morning? = Nothing can be done.

When she finally replies, it's just for record sake. That's why it's just an impersonal regurgitation that is circulated to all other imbeciles in the network.

Had I known what a waste of my time it would be, I wouldn't have bothered e-mailing.

I suspect she only came this morning because my e-mail "moved" her. The focus of the matter had been left unattended to for weeks and would likely have stayed that way for a while longer.


No comments: