Saturday 18 January 2014

Bro & Me

11:43pm Sat 18 Jan (the below happened a few days ago. Had wanted to post it then, but decided not to. Then I find myself keep thinking it. So, I'll post it now.  Side note: I recently bought a Japanese women's wooden geta that's very comfortable, a Japanese women's embroidered geta and Tabi/Japanese socks to go with).

Bro (sits in front of my laptop, sees the page): How come you keep buying funny funny things?
Me (on my bed, resting from laptop): I wanna wear to Macdonalds.
Bro: You want to wear kimono to Macdonalds?? (he gets up, walking into living room) After you appear on newspapers, I don't know.
Me: HAHAHAHA!!

Frankly, I heck care. Not only do I want to wear a woman's Kimono, I will match it with a man's 2-teeth geta. I can wear whatever I like.

I am actually looking for a man's long Haori (outer jacket) but there aren't any good designs online and they are too big for me anyway. I love a man's lovely and expensively designed Hakama but... can't afford it and don't have the form to wear it.

I don't like the belt area of a woman's kimono, however (unless a woman is tall, that thick boxy belt will make her look short and tubby).

No comments: