Sunday 9 February 2014

L'oreal Revitalift Laser & White Perfect Laser Essence/Overnight Review


I have been using White Perfect Laser & was wondering if the Revitalift products worked as well.  Was looking for reviews & found this surprising article instead:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2449482/Woman-suffers-blistered-face-using-LOreal-anti-wrinkle-cream.html

The poor woman. She just wanted to look beautiful and the products made her worse.

Luckily I didn't buy. I wanted to, but saw the box said Made in China. Was telling myself why couldn't they have made it in Indo, Thailand or Vietnam. Plus, the testers on the display smelled awful.

And I don't trust Ang Moh skincare products.  Prefer Korean.

But this time, even I bought the Loreal White Perfect Laser Essence (my 2nd bottle) & Overnight cream.  Usually, I don't buy the cheap common skincare brands in pharmacies and supermarkets because I don't think they work.

After reading the article, I immediately went to check the ingredients on the boxes that I have. The chemical "Methylisothiazolinone" is not listed. But I don't think it's completely safe.  Not surprising considering the list of chemicals listed there.


I first saw the White Perfect Laser Essence at Guardian Pharmacy@Westgate. Was practically ready to buy based on the (older 2012 & Jan 2013) box description. They dared claim that it works like laser facial.  Since they are so confidently making that claim, then I want to try and see if it's true (though needed  to check reviews first. I also checked up on Ellagic acid which I had not come across in a skincare product before.).

The newer boxes no longer make that claim. The latest manufacturing date on these boxes I have seen so far wherever I go is 05/2013.  

When I bought White Perfect Laser Essence based on online reviews & information on Ellagic acid, I just wanted to try and see if it really worked (despite the chemicals).  Usually if a skincare product doesn't work after a few tries, I will just toss it aside regardless of the price.

After using the essence a few times... Damn, the thing works. Can't believe it. And for just $31.90 (20% discount everywhere these days except NTUC).  Those Korean stuff I use cost twice as much excluding airmail.

So far, I have enjoyed using these 2 White Perfect Laser products.  Not perfect*, but surprisingly the fastest and most effective compared to all the Korean and other products I have used.

Works as promised. Smoother & even softer skin (when it's already smooth & soft). Clears pigmentation fast. Saleswoman says it is faster than their White Perfect range which is just normal stuff.

I first used the essence alone and liked it on first application.  Could see that it works in 2 days.

It's the only product I have ever used that sinks in so amazingly into the skin even with a thick smear (that isn't spread out). Pretty amazing.


At 30ml, generous usage finished it in about 2 weeks (daily morning & night). I don't think such a little amount can stretch for 8 weeks as the box's description (about spots visibly shrinking & fading in 8 weeks) leads people to think. But it certainly doesn't take that long to see results.  In 1~2 weeks, it's done pretty good.

After the first bottle, there seemed to be a limit to the results since it was just the essence. I didn't want to spend more buying the creams (usually, I only buy serums or essences). But according to the saleswoman (who also gave me a separate tip on enhancing whitening with the product), the essence needs to be used with the cream for full effect. So, considering this, I later bought a 2nd bottle of essence, this time with the Overnight Treatment cream.

This is the first time I have purchased a 2nd bottle of a skincare product after completely finishing the 1st one.

The essence and Overnight cream do work best/better together. I use the 2 products in the daytime like a mask that I wash off after a few hours.

But (unfortunately) based on that UK article (though the chemical is not listed on the White Perfect Laser Essence & Overnight boxes), I think I will have to stop using them after they are finished and try something else? :(

Before reading the article, I had even wanted to see if it was possible to import a box load of essence to use till perfection.

I wonder if the chemical is listed on the box of Revitalift products in SG? Will have to check next time I drop by Watsons.   

[Update 11 Feb Tues: I checked Watsons today. "Methylisothiazolinone" is in the ingredients list of the Revitalift Day Cream SPF23 & Revitalift Laser x3 cream.

Update 17 Feb:  There are quite many creams and facial foam containing this ingredient. I just realized the facial scrub that I have been using and like, actually contains this chemical as well.]
-----------
*
1) It would seem that after a while, results for the White Perfect Laser Essence & Overnight cream reach a limit? So, even if I stick with the products, I don't think the efficacy will continue indefinitely somehow. 

2) The essence alone is very good at clearing up pigmentation/freckles. But notice that it does it in patches/spots/areas. So, it is not uniform/even in its whitening/clearing up effect. The result is that there are islands of cleared areas that are quite visible surrounded by still-pigmented-lightening-in-progress skin. 

However, it seems that this is mitigated by using the Overnight cream that evens out the island effect for some reason.

3) The essence & cream raise bumps under the eyes. Temporary allergic reaction to the paraben, alcohol, silicon or petroleum-based chemicals? 

4) If you apply too much, the essence + cream in combination will make the lips oily even though of course, the lips were avoided when applying on the face.  It seems that somehow, the cream on the face seeps to the lips, something that I didn't know and hadn't read about. Not surprising considering the soles of the feet are also permeable to substances, for instance garlic. 

5) The quality of the bottle is rather cheap. My 2nd bottle, the blue paint around the nozzle peeled off when I started using it (probably due to the peeling function of the Dermoliss). 

At first I didn't know what the little blue particles in the white cream was. Then when I looked at the nozzle, I saw the paint had come off. -.-  It is however, a glass bottle, although it seems plastic. Glass is better since it prevents leaching of plastic chemicals into the product.

 --------

Update 1:27pm 2 March Sun: 

Companies that sell these skincare products are very smart.  They make a product such that you need to buy at least 3 bottles for visibly greater effects, though not entirely fixed.  30mlx3 = 90ml.  ($31.90x2) + 39.90 (I bought this from John Little at no discount) = $103.70.  Pretty expensive to spend on a face.   (Overall, plus the Korean products, I have spent ... A Lot. Too much on just 1 face & all because I didn't use sunblock all these years of hot blazing afternoons swimming.).

For the past 2 nights, I have tried using the Essence + Overnight cream in lesser amounts than during the day for my cheeks, to see if there is a difference using them at night than daytime.  For these 2 try-outs, I didn't use them in the day. 

Is there a difference between using them at night & in the daytime? Using them at night, the skin does look better in the morning,  probably because of the longer hours of absorption, but there doesn't seem to be a difference in effect to the blemishes.  If there's an effect, it must be only very slight.

I still think these products have reached a limit for me. I am already using my 3rd bottle of Essence & it's finishing soon.  Considering whether to buy a 4th.  If at the end of this 3rd bottle, there is still no more difference, then it means these products have reached the limit for me & time to change to other products.

--------
Update 20 March Thurs 2014 3:06pm

I am still on my 3rd bottle.  Maybe this bottle contains more product than the previous ones because it is lasting surprisingly longer. Or maybe because I am using it less these days.  I am bored of it.

Any further improvements already stopped some weeks ago.  Time to move on to other products.  This 3rd bottle is not doing anything. It continues raising bumps under my eyes and that's about it.

I want to buy a Korean product that's very popular in Korea at the moment, but don't have the cash.  Unable to afford this Korean product, I bought another (4th) bottle of this Loreal White Perfect Laser Essence that is more affordable (temporarily until I can afford the Korean product). I haven't used this 4th bottle yet & regret buying.

My advice is to buy just 2 bottles of Loreal White Perfect Laser Essence & that's it. No use buying more.

Another thing I don't like, is that even this essence, if apply a little more, seeps into my lips making them feel a little oily. As the essence contains a lot of bad synthetic chemicals, I don't like it seeping into my lips.  

Using the essence for a short while is Ok, but I wouldn't use it long-term due to these chemicals.

My face hates creams. Using the Overnight White Perfect Laser on top of the Essence sometimes gives me pimples. So, I use the Overnight cream very rarely these days.

The latest manufacture date now, is 06/2013.
--------------

Update 25 March Tues 2014 11.52pm :  I started on my 4th bottle (of the White Perfect Laser Essence) yesterday.  Was relieved to have finished my 3rd bottle.  So far, the 3rd bottle has been maintaining my clear & smooth complexion but not doing much for the remaining pigmentation.

I will be trying out a few Korean products from Gmarket soon. For now, I'm giving up on the popular Korean product that I want => very expensive to order just this 1 item (Gmarket does not have it). Although the item price is cheap/affordable, the cost of EMS & agent fee when added makes it too expensive.  Maybe next time.



4 comments:

Noah said...

This was quite helpful, wish you could have posted a photo on the product and the ingredient list; I'm doing some researches on this and seems that the ingredients / formulation differ in each country's own version? Which worries me bc I don't want to waste money on something that's advertised to be effective but actually doesn't.

zinepin said...


Doesn't matter what the ingredients are. They don't work. Firstly, because creams are external & not fixing the real problem. Secondly, nothing in the ingredients list actually work. Third, any active ingredient has already lost potency even before purchase. People are purchasing a dead product.

Saara said...

I have just started using the white perfect night cream. hoping for the best

Humairah Alkaff said...

So what hope is there to rid pigmentations?