Thursday 3 April 2014

Gmarket Scinic All Day Fine Pore Clay Mask & Pore Mask Cleanser & Galactomyces 14-day Review

I don't know why women buy Korean products from Qoo10 & ibuybeauti when Gmarket is so much better, faster & cheaper (apart from no samples).   I seem to recall Gmarket putting samples into the packages in the past, but they don't anymore.

Qoo10 customers are always complaining about how slow the sellers are & problem with manufacture/expiry dates. ibuybeauti is exceptionally expensive. I've never purchased from both websites.

It's a very hot day @ 4:18 pm & I have other things demanding to be done. So, I will just do a quick review of  the products first & leave Gmarket review for another time.

Product reviews:  I already confirmed receipt of the stuff & gave my reviews in exchange for 2 Gstamps @ Gmarket.

I also wrote a "premium review" based on reading that they would be giving 2 Gstamps or more for the "premium", but they didn't give any. No further Gstamps after I posted the normal reviews first.

I took videos of the products but didn't put them in my Gmarket reviews, intending to post them here.


Short Review: These 2 products don't do anything. They are cheap as a set (unlike Qoo10 that sells separately & just the cleanser costs $23.90 & $30) but ... really don't need to buy them.  

As a set, they cost only 18,900 won (US$18.45) @ Gmarket with discount coupons that can easily be gotten for the month from members area.

The mask & cleanser can't clean white & blackheads. Recommend Shills Whitening Soften Toner instead. 

The mask seems able to tighten the skin. Not much different from using Skin & Lab Glacial Clay Facial Mask that also does nothing much.

What's great is that the manufacture dates are very recent.  

These products do contain petroleum-based ingredients.  PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil in the pore mask & Butylene Glycol in the cleanser.  Compared to other products, such ingredients are already kept to a minimum.  But best to avoid.   Was unable to find any reviews with their ingredients list,  so I bought them to see for myself. 

Update 16 April Wed: The Clay Mask causes my cheeks to turn red every time I use & rinse off.  The redness stays. This is the first time I have a problem with a face mask.  This is a poor product.  One of the ingredients is an irritant or the proportion of it is too much. Could be more than one ingredient causing it.   Update Wed 30 Apr: Leaving it on the face for a shorter amount of time, there is no redness, although the mask hasn't completely dried.



I paid in USD with Paypal since that 3D secure card thing is troublesome when I don't have a phone.  The difference between paying USD & SGD is only a little more.


First, the All Day Fine Pore Clay Mask 100g: manufacture date 20 Aug 2013 (7 months ago, less than 1 year).

Texture is bouncy, airy, fluffy, soft. Spreads easily & well.  Spread it thinly & it will dry faster & be easier to wash off.

When washing off, use your hands only. Do not use any face cloth, otherwise the abrasion/injury will make the face red. (It doesn't happen when I use cloth with other mud/clay masks though. Don't know what's up with this Scinic one.).

The fluffy texture you see below is only at the start. As you use, it just becomes one clump in the container & not like this:



Here's the video:





If you do it like this woman in their ad, it will be very difficult to wash off.  A thicker application will also dry Very tightly against the skin.  Nice music though.





Next is the Scinic All Day Fine Pore Mask Cleanser 100ml:  manufacture date 3 March 2014 (just a month ago!!)

Fun to use.  Shaving cream texture. Bouncy, soft, smooth to apply.  Not drying. But it does nothing for the pores.  I have not tested it on makeup but it is supposed to clean away.    

(Update 15 June Sun 8:06pm:  For lack of a cleanser, I've been grabbing this. So far, the foam canister is very convenient & easy to use without very little or no shaking required. I just weakly sway a bit left and right before squirting it out.  Just a little is more than enough. So that's good. Very foamy, thick spread.

The cleanser does temporarily reduce pore size, tighten & soften the skin, & squeaky clean very well. Since I don't use make up, I don't know how effective it is for make up.).

Shake first.  This in the video is not what it should come out as.  ^_^;




The correct structure should look like this after a little shaking: 




I also bought the Galactomyces 100% 14-day Angel's Liquid.  Doesn't seem to do anything either.  Watery & easily absorbed. Not sticky at all.

I bought it as a substitute to Manyo Factory Galactomyces Niacin which Gmarket does not have.  I have since given up on buying this, even though it is possible to get it using other ways.

I bought this one below, to test it. I read in a blog that someone had a bad reaction to Galactomyces. So, I wanted to test this before getting Manyo Factory's version that would cost a lot more to get.   As mentioned, I am no longer interested in getting any more Galactomyces. My target has now changed.




No comments: