Thursday 15 January 2015

65daigou Review (Taobao Shopping Service. Another Update)

(Update: Check out my guide on how to pick good Taobao sellers! http://therevolutioner.blogspot.sg/2015/07/how-to-pick-good-sellers-from-taobao.html).

The problem is now at their ordering staff side.   [Although they are very fast & hardworking at China warehouse even on Saturday late night. Even on Sunday, they are packing at China warehouse with updates. Pretty amazing to see the previous updates changed to "pending inspection & repack" and "ready for shipment" on Sunday afternoon.  Note this is fast only for China. US processing is much slower.].

Try to avoid ordering from 65daigou unless really necessary. If the merchant will ship direct to SG, go for it (Amazon/Japan/Korea). Personally, I try to avoid buying anything more than $50 from Taobao/ 65daigou.

This 65daigou ordering person is causing the company to lose money & customers: 

In my previous review update, I mentioned the rudeness of this China staff regarding my order of an item that comes with an electric pump. His/her message was "electronics it's cannot be shipped via express/economy air shipment.You can choose sea or Sensitive air shipment instead. Pls let us know your choice. TKS.".

He/she always ends with "TKS".

1) Item is electrical, not electronics. The person can't even differentiate between the two.
2) Since it couldn't be shipped via air, I told the person to change to hand pump.
3) The person didn't even reply and cancelled my order without telling me.

Today,  I sent order for 8 items. A few were soap bars.  I received this same person's message regarding 1 soap bar:

15/01/2015 【65daigou】: Dear customer, This item cannot be shipped via air shipment. You can choose sea shipiment instead or cancel this order. Pls let us know your choice. TKS.

Who wants to wait 2 weeks or more for sea shipping? So I said "Cancel" (the amount was promptly refunded into my Prepay).  Notice he/she didn't even provide Sensitive Air shipping option. 

However, after my reply,  the same product from a different seller was ordered. My other soap products were also ordered at the same time.

It means that different staff are doing the ordering. And this stupid one is causing the company to lose business by rejecting and cancelling customer's orders.

So I sent that soap bar for ordering again. As the reply to their message can only be used once for an item, I ordered again so I can question him/her (previously, I had already used it up by telling the person to cancel).

And this is the same person's message:

15/01/2015 14:57

“Comestics cannot be shipped via air shipment. You can choose sea shipment instead or cancel this order. Pls let us know your choice. TKS. ”

So I said:

15/01/2015 15:52
“This is soap. Not cosmetics. The same product has already been ordered by economy air. My other soap orders were also already ordered with economy air. Different 65daigou staff ordering different way? ”

His/her reply:

15/01/2015 21:44

“Hi,have checked with our shipping partner it is ok to ship,so process for you.sorry for all the inconvenience caused.”

The order for that bar of soap was finally placed & there was apology.  But it shows that this staff didn't know what can and cannot be shipped by air.  This staff shouldn't be ordering for customers.


If I hadn't ordered 2 of the same product from different Taobao sellers and encountered this staff's refusal to order one of them because he/she thinks it cannot be shipped via air,  I wouldn't have known that different 65daigou staff are placing orders for 1 customer's order.

And this particular ordering staff is rejecting and cancelling orders based on his/her own judgement (instead of checking) whether it can be shipped by air or not.





11 comments:

dreamlover2359 said...

hi. I just encountered the same problem and suspect is the same 65daigou staff that mess out your ordering... I order this https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=45429180159 but I later I received this msg...

18/01/2016 21:45


“This item cannot be shipped via express/economy air shipment. You can choose special air or sea shipment instead. Pls let us know your choice. TKS.”

I really don't know why cannot ship by normal AIR.

zinepin said...


I would say because it's branded item. Branded items ship by sea.
But I recall shipping Philips or Osram light bulbs by air recently.
This order placement fellow is quite stupid about what they can fly & what they can't.
Try calling their service line & ask why it can't fly.

dreamlover2359 said...

I wrote to that staff and this is his/her replied..

19/01/2016 14:38


“Dear customer, the brand 飞利浦 belongs to international brand ,and I saw your past orders are by sea shipment (EC1217200017-18), international brand cannot ship by economy air, it need to change to sensitive air or sensitive sea, pls advise us your choice,thx”

This mean that I can not ship by AIR if order Brand clothing like ZARA, Espirit, Fitch because those are international brand too.... I find it very ridiculous.
Yes, going to call the service centre in Singapore.
I think is time for me to forgo 65daigou since by SEA got to pay GST and by Normal AOR this can not buy that can not order.

dreamlover2359 said...

just called up 65daigou, and the polite lady staff told me now all International brand can not ship with Normal AIR. Hence, brand like ZARA, Espirit, Nike, anything under Disney(eg. hello kitty), Xiao Mi and etc only can go by sensitive AIR. We can only order stuff like China brand and unbranded items.... so much limitation on economic AIR and yet I don't see a clear define on their website.

zinepin said...


I confirm that I recently shipped Osram light bulb by economy air.

They are full of crap. What has your past orders got to do with flying out this Philips light?

Previously, I tried flying a pair of Nike shoes & they said only Sensitive Air or Sea because it's branded item. I chose Sensitive & it cost $10 per 500g at that time. Very expensive so-called "Sensitive Air" & the shoes became very expensive. They route it to Hong Kong before shipping out by air.

Another thing they don't say is shipping liquid from USA. Can't even buy shampoo. It's weird they say liquids can't fly. US websites that ship direct are fine with shipping out liquids.

65daigou also won't fly out anything that contains batteries unless using "Sensitive Air" or Sea.

Their FAQ is useless.

dreamlover2359 said...

Yes, they have all the nonsense nowadays.
This is my 3rd time ordering from the same product same seller but previously I was using Normal Sea Shipment but because they incurred the 7% GST, I opt for Normal Air as there is a promotion and no GST.

That staff still insist I only go for Sensitive shipment (Air/Sea), but forgot that I received my previous ordered thru Normal Sea.

When we paid the high shipment fee, our Agent Fee also getting higher... that's my thought :)

I don't engage them to buy anything from US because their shipping fee is not cheap too especially deal with heavy weight(liquid). I rather ship by my own direct like Amazon(some thing got free international shipping for member)or iHerb(USD 4 for using Singpost) to buy my liquid stuff or supplement.

I'm getting more and more disappointment with 65daigou. I'm their SVIP member and using their service many years. I seeing them their service very good(fast ordering, reply enquiry promptly)till now I feedback to them thru order review, they don't seems to care. The same problem repeat again on my next order.
What to do their business grow big already.

zinepin said...


:) If there's better agent then choose the better one. I have looked & don't trust which one is better than 65daigou.

Amazon shipping very expensive. The items I want, no free shipping. Also I buy from US websites that don't ship out. iherb only has a limited range of items & I have problem with their verification thing.

65daigou is charging more & more for US purchase. Shipping is expensive. They keep the shipping rate the same but adjust their exchange rate to earn more. Overall, just 1 item can become very expensive.

Their China exchange rate has also been adjusted to increase, although they dropped the shipping rates.

I just accept that 65daigou is not perfect. Until there's a better one.

zinepin said...

Oh, they recently said they are going to expand into Japan & Korea. So, they are going to become even bigger. Will see how they are going handle it.

Unknown said...

Dear 65daigou customers,

I'll strongly advise that you check your parcel measurements when it reaches you.

There has been several occasions, my parcel was measured wrongly. As such, I paid more that what I am supposed too. Specifically, the volumetric weight. Take your own measurements usig a ruler or measuring tape and use the formula written on their website. E.g. (length x breath x height) ÷ 6000

I know many don't bother like I do until I found a day that my parcel was measured wrongly. And, found subsequent mistakes.
Best wishes.

Cheers,
R.

Unknown said...

Dear 65daigou customers,

I'll strongly advise that you check your parcel measurements when it reaches you.

There has been several occasions, my parcel was measured wrongly. As such, I paid more that what I am supposed too. Specifically, the volumetric weight. Take your own measurements usig a ruler or measuring tape and use the formula written on their website. E.g. (length x breath x height) ÷ 6000

I know many don't bother like I do until I found a day that my parcel was measured wrongly. And, found subsequent mistakes.
Best wishes.

Cheers,
R.

zinepin said...

Did you get a refund then? How much of a difference was it?

Actually, measurements or so-called "volumetric weight" is just a way of earning profit. There is no way forwarders will charge exact, otherwise, they can't make money. But if the shipping charge is unreasonably & crazy high, then that becomes too much.

Parcels are always "approximate" to earn profit. For instance, actual weight 1.1kg. Pack it into a bigger box & charge 2kg. That is too much because it should be 1.5kg round off according to their chart. In such a case, it is possible to ask them to repack it smaller. But that is only if you know it, because you ship the same items or similar items from a particular seller before. If you don't know, then you will pay 2kg.