Sunday 7 June 2015

Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefront)

Mon  8 Jun 1:20 p.m..

Ep 1. I just watched it. Wondering why it looks like Cowboy Bebop. Checked anime news network. Wondered if there are any matching names in both this anime & Cowboy Bebop.

Orhh, yeah. The same character designer: Toshihiro Kawamoto. No wonder. The pace, style & especially characters' movement, bring to mind Cowboy Bebop's main man... *checks the name* Spike. Spike Spiegel. 

This Ep 1, actually I tried watching it once before but skipped it halfway. Didn't like the manga-style gore, the riot pace, the noise, didn't know where it was going. 

Turns out I seem to require some acclimatization to this type of (what I call) "new style" anime once or twice before I actually watch it.  Anime that combines western elements & noise, don't grab me.

So far, Ep 1 seems Ok.

I first found this anime some while ago, by searching for anime that Kazuya Nakai voiced. I really like his voice as Imayoshi in Kuroko's Basketball. He plays a very sexy, dialect sounding Imayoshi. I don't know what dialect is that, but it's damn sexy & intimidating on Imayoshi.

I found that Kazuya Nakai is also in Gintama as Hijikata. But I watched only a bit of Gintama & couldn't stand the silliness. Besides Kazuya Nakai lost his "Imayoshi" sexy voice as Hijikata. :(

Well, let's hope Ep 2 will be good. I still don't know where it's going. Just about the kid helping to kill monsters?

Akira Ishida is there. So is Mamoru Miyano. And Hikaru Midorikawa.

And now, I'm going to lunch.



No comments: