Wednesday 13 July 2016

Listing/Selling Without Paypal on Ebay.com?



It's sad that in this day & age, it's still not possible to sell online across the world. Why? Because of monopoly. Domination by a single entity. There is no choice, no good or better options with regards to Paypal.

Can you list/sell an item on Ebay.com without Paypal? No.  Some forum comments say you can list with merchant accounts (pay a fee). But if you un-tick Paypal option, you can't list. You can try.

Can you list/sell an item on Ebay.com with just a confirmed e-mail on Paypal? Yes. However, you can't receive or send money.

How do you sell from Singapore to an Ebay.com audience without Paypal? Impossible.

Even if it's not Ebay.com, how to sell to an overseas audience without Paypal? Add to that, you don't want to give up your personal information via sending & scanning documents to unknown entities such as Skrill & all the other "legit" money transfers options.

If say, I am willing to receive cold, hard cash through the mail, I would still have to provide an address to the buyer.  Not comfortable with that?

How about subcribing to a PO Box? With Singpost being so shitty these days, it would be risky to have the mail go through an extra step to a PO box or to a private suite address.

Say, I suppose it's fine for a buyer to send cash to my address & the buyer don't mind waiting 7 days or more for me to receive it, there is also the high cost of sending the item overseas (not to mention the number of days it's going to take for buyer to receive it).

No buyer is going to bear such a delay & few buyers will be ok with high overseas delivery cost (Craigslist hunter is different. His deals are within the US).  Already, some people say they would rather buy from a US seller without much waiting time, than from a China or overseas seller. Just like on Qoo10, buyers prefer local sellers.

How is an overseas seller going to compete?

So already, you see holes in the idea that the world is now so convenient. 1) Paypal problems 2) Mailing system problems.  How is this modern & advanced?

The ideal method is to receive money directly into my bank account with no surrender of personal data to some entity that handles my money for me (such as Qoo10 that is technically a seller's employer since Qoo10 holds the cash that is owed to sellers for 2 weeks before paying sellers).

I don't want fees because fees add to product cost that gets passed to the buyer. Buyer wants cheap. All these fees eat into sellers' profit. But sellers still pay the fees because they need the selling platform with a governing entity mentality. Paying fees becomes a small price to pay for the traffic at such a platform.

It becomes a very awful & ugly cycle. Behind a simple buy & sell is all this crap.

I become restricted to selling only in Singapore which is a damn small market with damn stingy buyers. I have products that I can't seem to get out of my hands. Stuck with inventory & can't move any damn thing.

What will Craigslist Hunter say to that?

I must have the money straight into my bank account. I don't want any surrendering of personal documents to an entity to receive money. I don't want to deal in Bitcoins. 



No comments: