Sunday 14 August 2016

Zenxin SG Is A Piece of Shit


That's what I thought when I walked out of Bukit Panjang Zenxin. Don't go there. I hope they go bankrupt & a better one takes over.

Posted this on their Facebook:

Was just at Bukit Panjang @ 4.40pm (Fri Aug 12). Glad I did not buy anything because of stupid & rude woman at cashier. Don't know why Zenxin hired such a stupid woman who only knows how to eat on the job but can't work.She was eating some nuts or something (didn't even wipe her mouth). She showed reluctance the moment I approached the counter. Couldn't even find the price code for the vegetables I wanted to buy. Keyed in the wrong pricing & didn't know how to delete. She said the cashier went to the toilet. Asked me to wait. No apologies. Ridiculous Zenxin only has 1 person who can do cashiering. Waited so long but no cashier. I said if she is able to delete the wrong pricing, I'll just get the broccoli & eggs. When she finally was able to delete, she keyed in the broccoli & eggs. Came up to under $10. I said pay by Nets, she said must above $20. I said since there's no ATM here & I've only have some dollars, I'll just get the eggs. She said she's unable to delete the broccoli. Need to wait for cashier. I said, then cancel all. She just stood there with a stupid face. No apologies. No thanks even when I put back the vegetables & eggs. Since she was so rude, I left the broccoli on the counter & walked out. Not going back again. Waste of time.

Stupid, lousy Zenxin Malaysian company. They are spoilt. What they need is a competitor who will take the business to better levels.

Can't even provide paper bags or plastic bags. $0.20 for a plastic bag if you didn't bring any.

NETs only usable if you spend above $20. Pathetic. I once spoke with an individual seller who applied for NETs & he said NETs is not expensive at all to provide to customers.

I've never been impressed with Zenxin. At first, it was the lack of freshness issue. Then it was bitter xiao bai cai.  Majority of their products are lousy & expensive. They lasted so long only because they are the only organic supplier in the supermarkets.

They get products from cheaper countries (Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand) & sell for high prices. The items may be organic but not top quality as these countries have poorer soil & environmental conditions.  Other so-called organic shops do the same thing (for instance "Yes Natural Organic").

To put so many Taiwanese so-called "organic" items on their shelves, these bosses must be Chinese-educated (which is uneducated). 

Seldom you'll see produce from USA/Australia/New Zealand. Likely because if they get from these countries, their profits will be smaller.

With this latest experience at Bukit Panjang, I'm really fed up with Zenxin. Too bad they are the only organic supplier at Giant supermarkets. 

It's like a bloody Twilight Zone episode:

Bukit Panjang Fri Aug 12 @ 4.40p.m..  I was there with bro. We were there once probably 1 or 2 years ago but it was a completely worthless trip & I never returned. This year, decided to go take another look. So far, been there about 3 times within these weeks.

Friday was the 4th visit. Glad their stupid woman staff was so bad, I didn't buy anything. So happy didn't spend any money this time.

After choosing a broccoli & a packet of Choy Sum vegetables, went to the counter. The woman at the cashier counter looked up with the side of her mouth showing a fragment of nuts or something that she was eating.  She looked reluctant. Straightaway, I knew something was wrong.

1) Eating & chewing on the job is a bad sign.
2) Showing reluctance when customer stands at the cashier counter.
3) Didn't even wipe her mouth & still chewing? 

True enough, something was wrong with her.

She reluctantly approached the cash register. Started searching for the code for the packet of vegetables. Couldn't find the price from a long list at the side of the cashier register.  Odd. Couldn't the barcode on the packet just be scanned?

I said I'll just buy the broccoli. But she persisted in looking for the pricing code for the vegetables & keyed in the wrong price. And didn't know how to delete it.

She told me to wait for the cashier. I assumed the cashier was somewhere inside, so I said get the cashier as we didn't have time to wait around. She said the cashier had waited for me but couldn't hold it in anymore & left for the toilet.

4) Blaming the customer for not coming to the counter while the cashier was waiting.

5) Zenxin has only 1 cashier? And what is this woman chewing & eating at the cashier counter?

I said, fine. Meanwhile, I waited & chose 10 eggs. By then, the cashier still hadn't appeared for 5-10 mins already.

The crazy woman at the counter looked so stoned.  Dead & lifeless eyes.  She said she had managed to delete the packet of vegetables & was able to scan the barcode for the broccoli & key in the price of the eggs.

Came up to around $9.70. I said pay by NETs. She said only above $20. Bro asked me to get more items to make up for it. I said there is nothing else I want. And why should I spend more just because Zenxin is too stingy to pay for the NETs fees unless it's above $20?

Bro only had a few bucks. Only enough to pay for the eggs ($2.50). So I said I'll just get the eggs.

The woman said she's unable to delete the broccoli.  Told me to wait for the cashier.

I said in that case, just cancel all. There isn't an ATM around. The stoned-looking woman just stood there.

I was upset but took the eggs from the counter & returned it to the shelf. Then went back to take the vegetables from the counter & put it back on its shelf.  There was no need for me to do that. I should have just walked out. While putting them back, I berated myself: Why the heck was I so nice to put them back?

Not once did the crazy woman thank me or apologise. She just stood there, stoned. So I left the broccoli on the counter & walked out. When I was outside, the crazy woman just stared at me from behind the glass panel of the cashier.  Just like an episode of Twilight Zone.




No comments: