Friday 16 September 2016

Ezbuy Hanjin Sea Shipping & Crazy Online Chat Staff Boey




I didn't know Ezbuy was using Hanjin to ship their Sea & Sensitive Sea containers.  If I didn't ask about my item, I wouldn't have known. If I had known, I would use Sensitive Air or don't buy at all.

Hanjin container shipper bankruptcy was in Yahoo news since 1-2 weeks ago. I was talking about it to bro about 1-2 weeks ago. He even suggested that maybe Ezbuy uses Hanjin. I didn't think so. Well, turns out he's right.

Suddenly I noticed Ezbuy's Sea shipping ETA extended so long. Normally it's within 2 weeks. But the recent orders, ETA 3 weeks. No announcement about Hanjin.

My item shipped out on 26 Aug, now just arrived (today 16 Sept Friday). 21 days!

Normally, it's just 12 days or 14 days. At most 16 days. I'm lucky it arrived at all. It was ordered for a customer who has been asking for it.

Almost everything has to be shipped by Sea or Sensitive Sea. Ridiculous.

Furniture, skincare products, anything with battery or motor, even soap bars. I don't know how many  Ezbuy customers' items are stuck with Hanjin at the moment.

I "talked" to their online staff "Boey" who is as stupid as ever. Whenever you click on chat & see "Boey", just get out. It's a crazy China person. You ask 1 thing, he/she will answer something irrelevant. This is not the first time.

It is however, the first time that I left the chat without any "thanks". Just let it hang. Nothing to talk to a crazy China person. China pollution ruined their DNA.

"Boey" gave me template answers. In fact, he/she didn't know where my shipment was.  At first said it's due to Hanjin delay & new ETA updated to 23 Sept. When I said there is no update, "Boey" said it seems to be some problem at customs.  Then "Boey" repeats that it's Hanjin shipping problem & new ETA has been updated to 23 Sept.

Ezbuy calls it unforeseen when Hanjin has actually been sustaining losses for the past 5 years since 2011, according to news report. One or 2 weeks ago, news about Hanjin bankruptcy appeared. Yet Ezbuy never made any announcements.

Worried for my other items that are sitting in the Sea shipment warehouse, I asked "Boey" to move them to Sensitive Air. The items haven't moved for the past 2-3 days. Yesterday, I asked Ezbuy to ship out before the holiday (China's mid-autumn festival), but the items remained in the warehouse. 

Now, the items are sitting in the Sea warehouse, presumably due to the China 3-day Mid-Autumn festival holidays. 

Look at crazy Boey's replies. He/she should have just said that due to the holidays, items still in warehouse & will be shipped using another shipper. Instead he/she started talking rubbish.



Her robot brain just broke down.

What's happening is that crazy "Boey" is chatting with more than 1 customer. So, "Boey" just anyhow replied & made no sense. Those last 2 messages are meant for another customer regarding US shipping of liquids. I know because I asked them about liquids before.

Crazy thing is, this "Boey" don't even know what's wrong. For goodness' sake, can't she/he just scroll up & check first before replying??

When I didn't reply for a while because not interested in talking to crazy "Boey",  he/she asked if there was anything else before offline at 6.30pm.  Fri 6.30pm offline. Normally, they are online until 10pm.

In the end, the matter has resolved itself. The items shipped out today, amazingly on a Sat with a 3 weeks' wait till October for just toothpaste & shower gel. Normally, it would have been a 2 weeks' wait.

China side can sometimes be surprisingly hard-working with dispatch of items, domestic delivery & shipping out even on weekends.

I checked Oops to see how's their side doing. Sure enough, they have also been hit by the Hanjin bankruptcy. But surprisingly, they informed customers of how they are handling it. Even telling customers that they paid the $5000 refundable deposit per container to PSA for release of the items.

My guess is, Ezbuy saw the disaster earlier than Oops & managed to avert it. Maybe.

Seems not many customers have been affected. Not a single complaint in the Ezbuy Facebook page.

Ezbuy switched container shipper in time, but is a slower shipper (Hanjin was faster or maybe the transition to new shipper took up an extra week), hence the longer ETAs for recent orders. Any customers caught in Hanjin problem will just get an apology from Ezbuy that will just say it was unforeseen.

Look at Oops' Facebook handling of the problem:





No comments: